Typical Dutch, boterkoek, but a little bit more different! A tasty variation on the regular butter cake. Actually a mix of two typical Dutch delicacies: apple pie x butter cake. Again, a super simple recipe, but so delicious! My test panel was so enthusiastic about this delicious cake, that I have to share it with you.
♡ 270 grams of flour
♡ 200 grams of sugar
♡ 240 grams unsalted butter at room temperature (+ a little for greasing)
♡ One large apple
♡ 8 grams vanilla sugar
♡ 2 tablespoons cinnamon sugar
♡ Half a teaspoon vanilla aroma
♡ 1 beaten egg
♡ Pinch of salt
♡ Baking paper or butter to grease the mold
♡ Baking mold
♡ Mixer with dough hooks
♡ Cutting knife
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Peel the apple, and cut it as shown in the picture into narrow segments. Put the segments in a bowl and sprinkle with two tablespoons of cinnamon sugar.
- Put the baking paper in the baking pan, or if you are doing it without baking paper, grease the pan with butter.
- Mix the butter, sugar and vanilla sugar into a creamy mixture in a batter’s bowl.
- Add the the egg and the pinch of salt. Mix this into a whole. Now mix the flour into the batter.
- Mix the flour into the batter.
- As a final step, add half a teaspoon of vanilla aroma through the batter. Mix this until it is completely incorporated.
- Doe het beslag in de bakvorm.
- Place the apple slices on top of the cake (see picture). They may overlap each other a little bit.
- Bake it for about 35 to 40 minutes. When the top of the cake looks crunchy and the apple is a little bit colored at the top, you can remove it from the oven!