These are, I think, the most delicious cookies (Brookies they are also called) I have ever baked, they are heavenly. And wow, how much sugar is in those cookies! But it’s worth it. If you’re a brownie lover, then you’ll find these cookies, probably delicious too. If you find brownies too heavy, these cookies are a good option. They are crunchier than brownies and less heavy, but still have the flavor of a real brownie. The nice thing is that you can add all kinds of other ingredients to this recipe such as nuts, other types of chocolate, caramel, etc. By the way, they are very big, which makes them even more fun to eat. From this recipe I got about 9 large cookies.
♡ 95 grams self-rising baking flour
♡ 90 grams of white sugar
♡ 100 grams light brown caster sugar
♡ 60 grams unsalted butter
♡ 2 eggs
♡ 235 grams milk chocolate
♡ 100 grams dark chocolate
♡ Pinch of salt
♡ 1 good tablespoon cocoa powder
♡ 2 drops of vanilla aroma
♡ Baking tray
♡ Two spoons or ice cream scoop
♡ Sharp knife
- Preheat the oven to 170°C.
- Cut the dark chocolate into pieces with a sharp knife.
- Put the butter with the milk chocolate in a saucepan and melt it slowly, stirring frequently. When it is completely melted let it cool down.
- Put the eggs, white sugar and caster sugar into a batter and mix on a high setting for about 4 minutes.
- Put the flour, cocoa powder and salt in a bowl and mix it together.
- Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture little by little. Mix well before adding more flour.
- When everything is well mixed add the butter chocolate mixture to the mixing bowl. Mix well again.
- Now add the vanilla flavoring and mix it for the last time.
- Now add the dark chocolate pieces to the batter and stir well.
- Use an ice cream scoop or two spoons to place the batter on the baking sheet. Make sure you have a ball on the spoon. The batter drains a lot, so be careful not to place the balls of batter too close together. If necessary, test with one cake to get an idea of how many will fit on one baking sheet (depending on the size of your oven).
- Now bake the cookies for about 13 to 14 minutes, depending on the oven.
- Let the cookies cool down, and enjoy!