It’s almost the most wonderful time of the year, Christmas! Another excuse to get into the kitchen and bake these delicious, and simple, mini cakes. Redvelvet cakes, with homemade cranberry jam and delicious white chocolate monchou frosting. I was able to make 7 mini cakes from this recipe. In the recipe it is a large amount of cranberry jam, but you can also use it on bread, with vegetables or with meat. This cake is perfect with a nice tea or coffee, but also as a dessert. Everyone will love this cake, I promise. I wish you a merry Christmas.
♡ 250 grams of deluxe sponge cake mix Fun Cakes
♡ 4 eggs
♡ 25 ml water
♡ Red food colouring
♡ 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
♡ 340 grams fresh cranberries (keep some apart for decoration)
♡ 170 grams of sugar
♡ 170 ml water
♡ 200 grams white chocolate
♡ 250 grams mascarpone
♡ 1 drop vanilla aroma
♡ Coconut chips (snow decoration)
♡ Two saucepans
♡ Baking paper
♡ Baking tray (38x30cm)
♡ Glass or round cookie mold (diameter 8cm)
♡ Piping bag
♡ Round tip for piping bag (Wilton 010)
♡ Pince branch decoration (not to eat)
- Put the cranberries in a saucepan, together with the 170 grams of sugar and 170 ml of water. Let it boil for 15 minutes, and then let it simmer slowly. Until it has thickened a little. Let it cool down. You can store the remaining cranberry jam in an airtight jar.
- Preheat the oven to 175°C degrees and place the baking paper on the baking tray.
- Put the funcakes mix, the 4 eggs and 25ml water in a bowl and mix until combined. Mix first for 7 minutes on the highest setting, and then for another 3 minutes on a low setting. The batter doubles three times, so make sure you have a large bowl.
- After mixing, add the food coloring until you get a red color. This depends on the brand you use, so use small bits each time. When you think you have a good red color, add the two scoops of cocoa powder. Depending on how the color is, you can add additional food coloring or cocoa powder. But be careful, not too much cocoa powder because it can make the cake dry.
- Now put the batter on the baking pan and spread it evenly. Make sure that if you use a large baking sheet you do not spread the batter too thinly on the baking tray. I was able to fill 1.5 baking tray with batter.
- Bake the cake for 10 to 15 minutes in the oven. Depending on your oven. You can always test with a knife in the cake to see if it comes out clean. If there is still batter on the knife, then the cake may remain in the oven for a while.
- Melt the white chocolate in a saucepan over low heat. Then scoop it into a bowl and let it cool slightly.
- Add the monchou and mix well. When it is well mixed, you can add a drop of vanilla aroma.
- Now put the monchou mixture in a piping bag with the round tip. Put it in the refrigerator for a while.
- When the cake is done, you can lift it off the baking sheet to cool more quickly. When the cake is cold, you can use a glass or cookie mold to press out circles.
- Put a thin layer of cranberry jam on all sides, except the outer sides.
- Take the piping bag and now pipe small balls of monchou on the cake layers (see photo). Put the layers on top of each other.
- Now add the cranberry for decoration, place a pine branch on top and sprinkle some coconut chips on top.