This date cake has made many people very happy. It is a very easy cake to make, but really different from the normal vanilla cake. The cake is ready in an hour, so easy peasy. The basic recipe comes from a supermarket website, but of course I have given it my own twist. Now it is even more delicious and perfect.
♡ 150 grams of dates
♡ 75 grams butter
♡ 150 grams white soft sugar
♡ 3 eggs
♡ 160 grams cake flour
♡ 110 grams vanilla fudge Lonka
♡ Two teaspoons almond aroma
♡ Icing sugar
♡ Hand blender
♡ Mixing bowl
♡ Baking mold
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Put water in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Then add the dates to the water and boil them on low heat for 10 minutes.
- When the dates are soft, make them into a puree with the hand blender.
- Now put the butter, sugar, eggs and dates into the mixing bowl and mix together.
- Now add the cake flour and mix again.
- Finally, add two teaspoons of almond aroma and mix for the last time.
- Now bake the cake for about 50 to 55 minutes. Keep an eye on the cake. The top will be quite dark. You can always test it with a skewer. If it comes out clean in the middle of the cake, you can turn off the oven. I always leave the cake to cool in the oven, with the oven door open.
- When the cake has cooled down, remove it from the baking tin.
- Now sprinkle some icing sugar over it.
- Now warm up the fugde in the microwave or oven. You can also choose to do this au bain marie. By the way, do not taste the caramel when it is liquid, you are guaranteed to get a burn in your mouth. No, I am not speaking from experience.
- Take a spoon and put the caramel on the cake in a back and forth movement.
- You can, of course, make the cake as fancy looking as you like, but trust me, it doesn’t need any more to be tasty.